Friday, October 20, 2006

Happy Diwali to all

Diwali is tomorrow - the 21st of october. I would like to wish all Indians and Hindus a very happy Diwali and may their coming year be a great one.

With the coming of Diwali, i can take a sigh of relief because if Astorlogy does hold truth as i believe it does, then the worst has come and gone. While there is this calmness that i want, i have this hollow pit in my stomach that has come about with my complete lost of interest in pursuing law. While this could be due to my absolutely appaling results its also due my complete loss of faith in the judicial system. This loss is not due to any incident but rather due to my intuition kicking in.

I am left at a complete loss because law was what i wanted my future to be around and with this gone, i find that the future is a volatile one. I am intrigued by those that go and volunteer in Africa and South America where disease, famine and civil war is rife. I would love to do that as well but i wonder if i will be able to accept what i see there.

All this has left me with one choice of doing international affairs under political science and joing a NGO where i know that i can really make a difference. But will this difference be based on my grades? It is no longer a want but a need for me and others.

There are too many questions in my head right now and i hope they are cleared on Sunday. Yes, i do have faith in my religion although i do not practice it fervently like my mum does because i find myself falling back onto rituals rather than really understanding what i am doing.

I have only one hope and that is: Diwali being the festival of lights, a ray of light will show me the path to take. I do not want to know what is in store for me, all i want is the right path.

I pray that you are shown the right path as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

This is all sounding rather familiar. When I decided to leave law school, I was at a loss. I had spent so long planning on that being my path, I did not know what way to go. It took years for me to find what I wanted, and in some ways, I am still finding my way. I must say that in looking back, I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey.

I hope the light shines brightly enough so that you too may find some answers.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home